Wednesday 15 June 2011

Unit 71 Game Soundtrack Finished Product

For Unit 71 we had to create a soundtrack for our game trailer. From what I have learned is that everything has to be connected and relevant. So to stay true to the trailer, I looked at every characteristic that it entailed and diverting from the genre and the aim for the trailer I went for something of a sinister soundscape. A sound which pushed the heart to its limit.

I used the program application known as Cubase to create my soundtrack. The first few lessons I was introduced to multiple systems which mainly reveloved around synthesizers. The sound produced didn't really match my intentions. For a while (along with some freedom) I found an appropiate soundscape. It was called Old child's piano, the noise it produced was amazing and it was what I was looking for. I only intended to have a few notes which lasted about ten seconds.

It wasn't enough to just have this solitary sound granted it did produce a solemn atmosphere. It needed more something to reinforce it's very aim. I found another sound that can be heard in the background. An ambiance but based around the idea of bells been heard in the background. It came from an instrument called Sun-Ra I have forgotten which extension it was.

The track needed something else nothing too major but enough to emphasise the expected atmosphere. I decided to add an effect it was called Cathedral as it was to simulate the sound as if it was inside an actual building. After adding this the end result was spectacular. It immersed a sinister atmosphere upon its listeners. In total length it is only twelve seconds long but has the potential to be looped.

When the trailer was edited we didn't have enough time to incorporate everyones sounds into the trailer so we settled another song instead called Rain by Dax Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment