Monday 10 January 2011

Unit 4 Reflection

For the final major project we were designated into teams to produce a game trialer, this is a curios operation as I really haven't worked in a team before (on such a project). I was appointed team leader and so far everything has been going well.

For my individual aspects I my skills in communication have grown as I am working with friends as we all trust each other and in our desicions. My team are determined for what they need to do and since we all know each other well there is no arguments amongst us but there are reapeated abscences which do cause stress for everyone (especially me). I can my manage my time I spend on indivdual parts of the course and as well as managing and the other team members by oftenly given them assistance and reminders for what needs to be done.

Every few weeks we have team interviews where we can gather and share ideas for future concepts we record these on word documents and they are securley saved on each team members hard drive or USB.

For our first assignment we were tasked to create a team name and logo, we had a go at what name we should have. We decide to have the name Visual Flare as this can help represent on what we are looking for, the flare as it is a bright colour often the light in the darkness and for the visual our area of work is involved in a visual manner so the name fitted perfectly. After the name we decided to individually create a logo each the majority complied but some did not. This was not a surprise as this was the consequence of repeated abscences and no interest shown. Anyway the logo was decided it was Dom's logo in what the design was an effective visual image in which there are 3D smoke effects and the title font was vibrant.


The team meetings we had did have a impact in our work as we were appointed different roles. The workload for each member shifted as we all agreed that those who had repeated abscences were appointed with the easier tasks and those who were recognised for their hard work were appointed the harder tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment