Wednesday 9 June 2010

Evaluation for my Game Trailer Story board Part Two

Is the end product suitable for my intended audience?

I think so as my intended audience is young adults and upwards as the storyboard does contain some graphic content which can be inappropiate for a young audience. My storyboard is not meant to divide its audience into groups based on age or race, I would like my storyboard to be enjoyed by people of all ages (just as long they can mind a little blood).

Also I would like my storyboard to be enjoyed by an audience of Samurai Jack fans as he does have a large fanbase.

In my storyboard there is some inappropiate imagery as in one frame a mushroom cloud can be seen this can be reminscent of World War Two and for the atomic bomb. Seems I should have used a different image for that as if the effect of WW2 can be felt today. Swords are inappropiate as Jack uses his to kill his opponent in the second to last frame there is a lot of blood shown and an image of Haunter the Pokemon which I included the reason I applied his image because he adds to the atmosphere of a death, sticking to the theme of death was important as I wanted to pertray this as a moment of clarity.

I based my storyboard on no age as I didn't want any of the audience to feel discriminated as the aim for his comic is to be enjoyed by a large audience of people. I made an effort to stay away from one particular audience though, young children as they are delicate matter when it comes to adult content. Finding ways to go around this was difficult as a course of action was to have material which wasn't revealing but faithful to the source.

Honestly though Samurai Jack was broadcasted on Cartoon Network which is popular with a young audience I was young when I watched Samurai Jack for my storyboard I wanted to show him form a different perspective in his Animation he didn't kill any humans, he killed aliens robots etc. I worked around this and based it on a Samurai theme. Rival clans fighting each other was a common sight when Samurais were a turning point in Japans history.

The other ideas I had for characters which I was going to use for my storyboard was a specific Pokemon in this case if I went with this idea the target audience would have greatly expanded as Pokemon is popular worldwide. Every race, gender and age love this as Pokemon have a large collection of interactive features about it such as games and an anime series.

No comments:

Post a Comment