Wednesday 16 June 2010

Evaluation for my Unit 67 Game Trailer Storyboard part 5

Discuss the content / style of your work

I based my comic around Samurai Jack which was created by Genndy Tartakovsky who has worked on other numerous animation projects such as the Powerpuff Girls and Star Wars the Clone Wars ( the 2D version not the 3D). His legacy is well known as one of his famous aniamtions Dexters Laboratory is popular and well recognised.

I thought of basing the style of my comic around his illustrations as his animations are among my personal favourites considering I drew the story freehand it wasn't that far off. Genndys animation was popular throughout the late 1990's.

The content for my storyboard is basic as Jack is easy to draw as it is really more of a line image rather than a complicated illustration. Also I like the theme of Samurais as they are warriors from days past in Japan. Also the theme for Samurai Jack is based on Jack in different dimensions the worlds he visits are extraordinary and the character he interacts with are extraordinary. For my storyboard I thought what if Jack remained in Japan. Samurais are known to attack other samurais the intention was to highlight this point and Jack has to deal with it. Jacks a hero but he will go to the extreme if pushed hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment