Wednesday 16 June 2010

Evaluation for my Unit 67 Game Trailer Stroyboard part 3. continued

To continue with the storyboard I was given a basic storyboard with enough frames to start. Physically I drew the frames in total I did bout nine frames. After I hand drawn the storyboard I scanned them into photoshop when the appropiate layout was formed.

On the other hand I was getting the storyboard layout ready on Photoshop. For the frames I used two layers I made one small with a black background and behind I made another layer but I made it big enough that it gives a simple white outline with this I copied and pasted it eight times to create the amount of frames needed.

On the title section I used the font abbadon for the title and for the speech in the comic, also in the top left corner there is a small spot of white for that effect I used the gradient tool I used this multiple times in my storyboard as this can help create a dramatic effect or help add tension. I also added Jpeg images as this can also help create a visual satisfaction and help form or mold a theme.

My favourite frame would have to be frame eight as this shows the enemy samurai dead and shows plenty of blood, to express this I used multiple brushes to create this effect. There were much choice for this but I used a selected few. Also in the same frame I added an image of the Pokemon Haunter this image helps add darkness to the concept of death as his demeanor, the idea looks sinister and that was the idea I was going for.

Visually the first frame is in 3D but I added a transform tool to add a visual effect which in my honest opinion doesn't work as it is compacted and looks like it is imploding. Anyway the effect of 3D was based on the founding idea of the story in the forest it works as I used 3D Studio Max to create a scene and in that program there was pre-set foliage feature which hap a multiple selection of trees, to help keep the storyboard faithful to the source I added in Japanese Ceerry Blossoms and I also added Willows to help vary it. Also for the background for the top three frames I added a sky image to help it make it look more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment