Wednesday 16 June 2010

Evaluation for my Unit 67 Game Trailer Storyboard Part 4

Discuss the aesthetic aspects of your work and the highlight strengths / areas to develop?

The visual quality of the storyboard is minor as this is my first official storyboard as I lack the experience in this sort of area, it was my first try. One area that can be improved is the hand drawn aspect of the stroyboard as some content does look a bit off.

Also the finished product does look better that I processed it through Photoshop. I think that the color and the gradient tool looks visually effective as they clash and help make the comic more visually enticing.

I also thint that the title scene at the top looks good as I have placed the Samurai Jack logo also I decreased the opacity to make it look transparent. Also the selection of images I used to express the theme further the mushroom cloud clearly expresses the thought of war and conflict. Also looking at the sky in the first few frames the atmosphere is ambient and there isn't much tension. The feeling is pecaeful until the enemy samurai comes to challenge Jack this is when the colour scheme gets a bit darker as it is help assissting in a harbinger effect. Peace is shattered when the enemy arrives it helps visually as his influence is shown in the last few frames were the background is dark and the apperance of Haunter is quite foreboding.

Overall I think the main area I need to develop is my hand drawn quality to help show more expressions in the characters and to also add physical detail such as wrinkles or facial hair just to name a few examples. To make them look more human I would say.



No comments:

Post a Comment